Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm joining.

Have you seen this show?


I'm obsessed/amazed/inspired... whatever, you get the point. I love watching it! There's a thrill of seeing how much money they're actually going to save. I mean can you imagine? Couponing has become so popular because of this show. You hear all about the binders and hours of coupon clipping. Well, guess what? I'm joining the crowd.


Before my mother freaks out about where I'm going to put 800 cans of soup and 350 bars of soap, let me explain something. There's a couple reasons that I could never buy that much of one product.
#1: There is not enough space anywhere to house that crazy of an amount of something.
#2: I simply do not need 800 cans of soup and 350 bars of soap right now.

With that being said, here is my plan. I feel that I am very smart with my money. I have no debt and, as a college student, I'm proud of that. However, you can only cut down your budget so much. I still need food. I still need soap. I still need lots of things that I have to buy. So I've been doing some reading over the past week and I've got to try my hand at couponing. I'm looking forward to being able to save money on the things I need to buy and putting that extra money in my savings. I'm sure there will be times when an item is priced at rock bottom that I'll have to buy more than one, but I promise my mom (and myself) that I won't have a "stockpile." At least for now anyway...

If you're interested in couponing I'll give you the most helpful resource I've found to date:


The Krazy Coupon Lady is awesome! She has a section just for beginners that has taught me a lot already. She also posts weekly the deals from sale ads at K-Mart, Target, Walgreen's, Kroger, CVS, Wal-Mart, and others. She points out the items on sale and gives you links to coupons for that item. She basically does all the brain work for you which makes things so much easier! My favorite part of the website is their coupon database. They list every coupon known to man that is available at the moment. The coupons are either available online or from the Sunday coupon inserts. I encourage you to check her out if you're a coupon virgin like me!

I plan to begin my binder this weekend and I'll go from there. I'll keep you updated on how this process goes for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?