Tuesday, June 21, 2011

catch-up

The fish fry went so well on Saturday! Nathan and I made the hush puppies and cole slaw without a hitch. And my dessert was a hit! I wish I had remembered to take more pictures of the food because it all turned out so well... I've got to get better at that! We spent the night shooting skeet, playing cornhole, and eating with friends.

For Father's Day, we had a grilled chicken cookout at my grandparents. It hit the spot for everyone! Unfortunately, my Daddy had to work so we allowed him to have his presents early on Saturday. It seemed to rain pretty much all weekend but we got lucky and it held off during both of the cookouts this weekend. But, the rain is already back unfortunately.

After the cookout, Nathan and I headed back to his place to clean up the mess we all made on Saturday. We mainly just had to pick up trash and sweep up the dirt off the floors. We stayed there for the afternoon and he grilled out some steaks for us. I gotta say the boy is good with the grill! We put on some baked potatoes too and had some watermelon for dessert. I'm not sure how our cooking luck went so well over the weekend. Maybe we're finally getting the hang of everything ;)

Now it's back to work for me. I spent almost all afternoon yesterday curled up with a book and since it's raining again, I'm betting that once I get home there'll be a repeat of that activity :)

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?