Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Love

I love Thursdays! They let me know the weekend is ever so close and I get to see my boy soon. As a college student, a lot of the time Thursdays are my "Friday." As is the case today :)

Here's what I'm loving today:

[one]
As I mentioned earlier in the week, we are having a nice fish fry with friends this weekend. The fish are being supplied by the trip me and few goofballs took a few weeks. Here's a reminder in case you forgot...


We're gonna have - of course - fish, fries, coleslaw, hush puppies, watermelon, and this delicious looking thing below.


It's called Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake and I swear to you it couldn't be easier. My former boss made it last summer and I devoured it. Here's the recipe. Nathan also informed me last night that we are going to make hush puppies and cole slaw in addition to that. I tried to talk him into getting frozen hush puppies but he insists the homemade kind are better. Neither one of us are good cooks so this adventure will be interesting. I'll take picture to document the action. and please pray for us and our guests -- I really hope they are edible.

[two]
For some reason I am getting pretty darn excited about my birthday this year. Here's the post I did last year. We had just got Baylie so the weekend pretty much revolved around her -- we had so much fun taking her to the lake! I'll probably do a post about her closer to the anniversary that we got her :) I already have a mental list of things I want to get once I receive some birthday money... is that bad? ;)

[three]
Aldi! You all know my obsession with saving money. However, there just aren't coupons for everything -- especially food items. Aldi is the place to go for a good deal. I always come away surprised by how much I spent... and I mean that in a good way! It's the perfect place for me and Nate to get the supplies we need for the cookout without going broke :)


[four]
And of course, I love this dude.


Note: This picture was taken back in the beginning of 2007. We look so young... and I had a perm. However, I still love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?