Thursday, December 13, 2012

saw, pinned, did {shaken acrylic ornaments}

Happy Thursday, y'all!  Time for my second post for the Saw It, Pinned It, Did It link-up :)  Be sure to join in on the fun!


My Pinterest basically blew up once October hit with holiday DIY pins.  And I finally got around to doing one of them last night.  This was my inspiration....


You can find them HERE.

Here's what you'll need:


Here's what ya do:
Put a few drops of paint onto opposite sides of the ornament.  Place the metal piece back on top and swirl/shake the paint around.  Tie a piece of ribbon on the top and put it on your pretty tree!  It's really as simple as that.

Here's a finished product:


I gave one to each of my coworkers along with some candy and a festive dish.  The paint dries overnight and I feel that it gains a more marblized look once it dries as well.  Now go forth and make your own, ladies :)

3 comments:

  1. First off, after a bit of stalking your blog just now - I LOVE your wedding pictures!! Gorgeous!! You've got a new follower now ;) Love the ornaments you did! My SIL made something similar for us last year for Christmas but not as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The seems so simple but looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out these are so cute! And perfect for little co-worker gifts! Good job!! And thank you for linking up with us!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?