Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

I enjoyed my wonderful weekend but the alarm clock was not funny this morning. I'm going to do my best to get in bed early tonight :)

BCHS' Graduation Ceremonies were Friday afternoon. Little sis is in the top ten of her class as a junior. The top juniors are given the responsibility of organizing diplomas, programs, etc. before graduation. They are also what I call "row guides" during the ceremony. They each stand in designated spots during the ceremony to remind Seniors of where they need to walk. We enjoyed watching her and it's incredibly hard for me to believe that she will be in that spot next year. It's funny looking back now and watching students graduate. I want to hold up a sign that says you have no idea what you're getting yourself into... but I don't. Don't get me wrong -- I love college and working and having responsibility. most of the time. But, seriously, we all had it made in high school and life was so easy. I wish I could be that dumb again;)


Saturday was an awesome day! I slept almost 11 hours Friday night and when I finally did get up, I didn't have to get ready and go somewhere immediately. It was blissful. Then Nathan and I decided to have our first date night since he became a landowner. We splurged and went to Shogun for dinner then made our way to see "The Hangover: Part 2". The movie was funny but was quite dirty in some parts. The night was awesome, despite that!


There was another bowfishing expedition Sunday but I came away killing nothing so we won't talk about that much.

Nathan and I spent our Memorial Day weekend at his land. We wanted to have a low-key day since Nathan rarely gets to take off during the summer. After the heat slacked off, we rode around on a 4-wheeler on his property. I have only seen part of it. We walked over some of it the day he closed on it, but any other time we've been over there... we've been working! I wish I had brought my camera along to get some pictures. It was beautiful! We decided we would grill some hot dogs and have some chips for supper. He was the grill master while I cleaned. He did an awesome job -- those hot dogs hit the spot. We ate outside on a picnic table and it was bliss. Baylie has become a pro at begging for scraps. We never give her any so since it was a holiday we let her have a hot dog too :) After we finished eating, we went down to his pond to feed the fish some leftover hot dog buns. Long story short - Baylie ate more buns than the fish. She thought it was fun jumping in the pond to fetch food. We should've known better. Again, I wish I brought my camera to video this. It was hilarious! I think the fish did manage to steal a few bites. Want more hilarity? I just have to share this story. Nathan is super sensitive to bad smells, blood, etc. I don't know what he'll do when he has kids. Anywho, there was a dead mouse under the fridge and it HAD to be removed. I told him since he was the man, it was his job. He reluctantly agreed. He wore rubber gloves and had a dishtowel over his mouth but the mouse was removed. We used a whole can of air freshener that night.


A big thank you to all those who are/have fought for our freedom. Many of my immediate family members have took the oath so I'm very passionate for our soldiers. I'm very thankful to live in this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?