Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wedding Wednesday {programs & invites, oh my!}

So, I think I jinxed myself when I mentioned the weather yesterday. There have been tornado warnings like crazy this morning. Thankfully, things seem to be dying down! At least we have a basement at my work ;)

It's another day of wedding chit-chat :) Today, I'm sharing our inspiration for programs and invites. I will be making each of these myself and, to be honest, I pretty much already have them done. I need to approve the song choices with my groom and have several other people proof-read it before I would say they're officially done, but I'm very pleased with myself! And the money we're saving :) I admit that it took a lot of time and patience but it was worth it to me. I loved being able to do every little detail of these important pieces of paper :) So, let's get on with it shall we?!

I knew from the beginning that I didn't want anything fancy nor did I want to do Save the Dates. Our engagement period is so short that by the time I actually got them out, I'd be sending out invitations at the same time. It just didn't make sense for me to spend the money on them... although, there are some ridiculously cute ones out there!

During the process of searching the internet, I found these:



I loved the idea of a mason jar but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. Then I saw this on Etsy:


Bingo! Take away the pink, add in some neutral colors, change the wording a bit, and we had ourselves a winner! It will be absolutely perfect with our rustic theme that I've been raving about. And it was pretty simple to re-create... the hardest part for me was deciding which fonts I wanted. I downloaded a ton of free ones off the internet and found the perfect ones! What do you think?! :)

Programs were a different story. The first one I saw was it! It's not your typical page-folded-in-half thing, but I love it! I ended up making ours front & back so the words weren't so scrunched together. The back includes the wedding party, order of events, and family members while the front includes our thank you note, and a big "M". These were a bit more tedious than the invitations because there were more words, but I'm in love with the end result!


We are planning to print these on antique parchment paper (less than $20 at Staples) and then tie some burlap, twine, or lace around each one. All together, I've spent almost 5 hours on these bad boys but it's totally worth it! I promise to show you guys the finished product in the summer after we print them :) So exciting!

Stay safe in the storms and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?