Friday, February 10, 2012

Confessional Friday


TGIF, y'all! The weekend is here :) I have been working on homework all afternoon and have made quite a dent in my to-do list. That's always a great way to start the weekend. Here are some confessions rolling around in my mind:

I confess that I may have had a slight pity party for myself earlier in the week. But thankfully, I got over it quick! You see, this is the second year in a row that Nate and I won't be able to see each other on Valentine's Day. Or the day before. Or the day after. Our schedules never collide. I am at the university Monday-Thursday from 7:30 in the morning to at least 5:00 in the afternoon on most days. Meanwhle, he goes in to work from 3:00 in the afternoon to 11:30 at night. We don't live together, therefore, we don't see each other on those days. The weekends are sacred! I was bummed considering we're engaged now, but I got over it. I know this is just a phase of our life and we'll see each other next year as husband and wife. Plus, we'll have our own celebration next Friday and it will be just as perfect! :)


I confess that I've already watched the season premiere of Swamp People. Twice. Yup, I'm obsessed! The bad part? There's a new show called Mudcats that comes on right after that I could easily become obsessed with as well. Dang. This could get bad.

I confess that the excitement of getting married has set in this week. I've spent the past 45 minutes looking at all kinds of wedding stuff on Pinterest. I just get the fever sometimes and have to scratch the itch. I've started making a list of details that I want our photographer to know and I made a list of specific shots I want her to capture. These lists will continue to grow as the day gets closer! FYI to all you engaged brides, I would suggest doing this as well. My photographer said she loved it because it gave her a better idea of what we wanted and who we were. Score! :)

I confess that I've had a major case of decorating this week. Antiques, repurposing, you name it! Mom and I have decided that one day in the Spring when it's pretty we are going to make a day of it :) Pinterest (yet again) has my creative juices flowing!

I confess that this weekend, I'll channel my inner-redneck. The National Wild Turkey Federation has its annual convention this weekend in Nashville. It's something that Nathan and I have attended for the past several years and I. LOVE. IT! The convention brings hundreds of booths that love giving away free stuff and it basically just gets you fired up for turkey season. But, there is a better cause. The NWTF is one of sole causes that brought back the wild turkey population decades ago. Nathan and I have been members of the organization for several years, along with Ducks Unlimited. We love the outdoors and want nothing more than for our kids to enjoy it as well!


On another note, here's my 2011 kill. My first longbeard on a hunt with Nathan :)



And those are my confessions.

Have a great weekend, friends :)

3 comments:

  1. So jealous that you got to watch Swamp People. I missed it. By the way, I just told my boyfriend last night I would like to shoot a turkey. We've been meaning to go hog hunting with some of our buddies, but personally I thinking getting a big pretty turkey would be so much better. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heather, I hope you get to watch it soon!

    Turkey hunting is such a fun time! With the spring weather, it just makes me so happy :) I hope you all get the chance to go... they are really pretty and interesting animals to watch! We don't have wild hogs around here so that's something totally new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Blonde Ambition and I think its awesome that you bagged a turkey! Thats something thats on my bucket list! :) -Annie

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?