First thing I see when I walk in his place on Friday are some roses and a note hand-written on a scrap piece of paper. It was adorable and I loved it so much!

And, of course, he got some gifts of his own too ;)

We had a date night full of Shogun and "The Vow"! Yup, he said it was my night and totally spoiled me... we had a great time! We also got a new porch light at Lowe's that night and did some car shopping. (More news on that over the next few weeks...)
Here was my outfit of choice for our night. This is quite possibly my new favorite shirt because I got it for only $3 at Kohl's!!! By the way, before you all freak out, my engagement ring isn't on purposely. I always slip it on right before I head out the door and I hadn't made it that far getting ready yet. :)

I woke up bright and early on Saturday (4:30 am, y'all) to go to the National Farm Machinery Show with his family. It's held each year in Louisville and is seriously the haven for anything and everything farm related. We walked for a whole 8 hours and I was exhausted that night! Thankfully we had a yummy breakfast and supper and I enjoyed spending the time with my future MIL and FIL.

We pretty much crashed yesterday. Some of Nate's friends came over to the farm and helped him clean up the boat now that duck season is over. My friend Elizabeth and I stayed inside and watched chick flicks while they were working. I fixed us all some supper and we had a great time! Nate's friends always poke fun at my cooking skills but I think I showed them up yesterday. I guess they can either eat or starve ;)
Finally, I accomplished one of my many pins on Pinterest over the weekend. I got my hair cut and highlighted last Tuesday so I was ready to try some new things now that it was shaped up. It honestly only took me about 20 minutes. I'm really happy with the results and can't wait to do it more often!

I'm hoping we can be a bit more low-key this weekend and have a lazy night on the couch with movies :) Happy Tuesday, friends!

Oh the FMS, I opted not to go this year, and I worked which in the end I would have much rather walked a bazillion miles around Freedom Hall then work. Glad you had a great weekend! Have you gotten your mug yet?
ReplyDeleteThat is a good point! The ice cream and roasted pecans kept me going through the day ;)
DeleteAnd yes, I am so in love with it!!! You da best lady!
Cute outfit! I love your hair :)
ReplyDelete<3 Karen from
simplylovethisblog.blogspot.com
Thank you dear! I failed to post the picture of the curling iron burn on my forehead ;) Let's keep that a secret!
Delete