I don't know what it is about this time of year. The leaves changing, crisp air, holidays right around the corner... it just makes me stop and appreciate what God has blessed me with. Granted, part of that could be due to the fact that I recently got married and everything is in a new perspective, but let's be real, we are all so blessed.
In light of the tragic events that have been floating around blog land, I wonder if you have taken a step back to see and truly appreciate your life. As I was driving home Friday afternoon on one of the beautiful, winding, country roads in our neck of the woods, I felt this sense of happiness come on me and I had a moment.
Here I am. A little part of this Earth and I have been given so much. A husband who drives me crazy at times, but unconditionally loves me; a family who will always have my back; friends that always make me laugh. God has blessed Nathan and I with so much in our young lives. As I was riding around with him in the combine on Saturday afternoon, I just had to take a picture. This is right in our backyard... beautiful, right?
It made me think of a quote I recently heard not long ago...
"Sometimes when I see God's hand make something like that, it feels good to know that he made me too."
--Wyatt Earp
Amen?
I'm not sure what the whole point of this post is. I just have all these wonderful emotions inside me right now and I'm hoping they're contagious to you as well.
Take time to soak life in. Life's tough... but it's precious.


No comments:
Post a Comment