Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wedding Wednesday {i heart DIY}

I feel that I got SO much done over the weekend.  It was really only a few things but progress is progress, right?!

My first project was to stuff our invitations... success!  I'm just waiting for our personalized stamp to come in and then I'll be doing that to my heart's content ;)

Second project was the cupcake stands that I have literally been meaning to do since March.  All of the supplies came from my local Habitat for Humanity Restore and the total for them all was under $15!  Can't beat that :)  I absolutely love how they turned out... they'll look even more fabulous on our big day with some yummy treats adorning them!


Final project was to begin painting the wooden signs.  I just don't think a barn wedding is complete without these bad boys!  Lucky for me, all I had to pay for was the acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby.  Nate has a scrap wood pile on his farm from where he tore down a couple sheds when he first bought the place.  I still have several more to do but I've cut the list in half.  I just love these!  Note: the sign that appears blue is actually grey... I'm not sure why it's showing up blue in the picture.


I have several things that I want Nate and I to accomplish in the next week:
--order Nate's band (mine was in a set with my engagement ring)
--paint the rest of the wooden signs
--stamp envelopes if we receive the stamp
--begin gathering addresses for invitations
--have day-of schedule/itinerary approved by my aunt (wedding planner)

100 days!!!  *insert excited squeal*
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?