Thursday, June 14, 2012

happenings & thoughts

Happy Thursday, y'all!  TGIF for me.  Not that I'm trying to rub that in your face or anything ;)

I've been meaning to tell you guys about the adventure that one of my best friends, and bridesmaids, has taken this month.  As part of a summer project with a christian organization here at WKU, she is spending nearly the entire month in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  Have you all ever seen pictures of it before?!  Absolutely freaking gorgeous.  This is the view right outside her cabin.


After a horseback ride this week... I mean that scenery is unreal.


Oh yeah, it snowed there over the weekend. 


Nathan and I have decided that we must travel West sometime before we have kids.  I can only imagine that it's even more beautiful in person!

I've had a strong urge lately to go to Opry Mills Mall in Nashville. It was closed for quite some time due to flood damage and recently re-opened.  My friends and I are trying to plan a date that we can all go visit and go broke.  Sounds fun, right?! :)


I've also had a weird craving to watch all those shows that were popular when I was young.  Keep in mind that I watch "Boy Meets World" every single morning while I'm getting ready.  That show was seriously one of my faves as a youngster.  Then yesterday while I was eating lunch, I YouTube'd episodes of "Lizzie McGuire."  There's just something about nostalgia that makes you feel good :)  What are some of your favorite kid shows?


Speaking of kids, I had to post this for all my fellow teacher (current and future) bloggers out there.  I am loving my summer but I do miss the interactions with students.  I saw this on Pinterest and was rolling in the floor... you never know what kids are gonna say.  That's one of the best parts of the job!


Nate and I have a busy weekend coming up.  He'll be working 7 days again this week, but we're going to have some fun at our family cook-outs for Father's Day.  I also have several wedding projects that I must get started on... updates on Monday, I promise!

Have a great day, friends :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved Lizzie McGuire & Even Stevens! The sad thing about that is that I wasn't much of a "kid" when I watched those shows, probably in middle or high school, haha!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?