Thursday, January 19, 2012

Me; in a nutshell

I've gained several new followers over the past few days... and that makes me happier than it probably should ;) I decided to do a post about me so that, hopefully, you newbies will learn more about me and who I am. At least that's my hope anyway :) I always love learning about the "person behind the blog"... I think it helps give more of a voice to everything. Let's dig in, shall we?

I'll be 21 this summer.

I'm 3 semesters away from graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education -- only 2 away from student teaching. Many don't realize how tough of a job that teaching is but the kids make it all worth it! There's just nothing better than seeing the look on a child's face when they learn something. It's so rewarding and I can't imagine doing anything else with my life!

My fiance and I will celebrate our 6 year anniversary at the end of March. I cannot put into words how blessed I am that he walked into my life... and soon, we'll start a life of our own :)

My family is amazing and such an important part of my life. I'm so lucky to have grown up with such great role models and to have so many funny stories to share with my own kids someday.

College is the best thing that ever happened to me. It's pushed me out of my comfort zone to do things I never would have in high school (become a Mary Kay consultant and a student ambassador for the College of Education at WKU). It also helped me realize who really needs to be in my life and that's a life lesson I'm glad to have experienced!

I'm a bit OCD. My planner never leaves my side. I'm a clean freak. Need I go on? I have gotten better in the past few months... if things aren't perfectly in their place I can still sleep at night.

I don't like coffee, tea, or Dr. Pepper. Apple juice, water, and Diet Mountain Dew keep me hydrated.

I love our dogs like they're humans. It drives Nate crazy!

I'm obsessed with Miranda Lambert, Paula Deen, and Kate Middleton.

My idea of a perfect day is sitting on the backporch, having a home-cooked meal, watching a good movie, and 70 degree weather ;)

I'm a small-town girl and I always will be. Nate owns a 50-acre farm and it's my idea of paradise!

I love to budget and organize.

One of the presents I want at our wedding shower is a cookbook with all our family recipes. The ones on the internet just aren't the same. I hope you're reading this, Mom!

I'm a sucker for a good Romantic Comedy.

Escalators are scary to me. I'm always afraid I'll get stuck somehow.

I love going to bed early.

Exercise is necessary for me. It helps me unwind and release all my stress!

I love make-up. It's one of the reasons I decided to join Mary Kay... discounts, hello!

I could keep going on and on, but I think this is a good stopping point. However, if you have any questions you're curious about, let me know! There can always be a part 2 for this :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?