Friday, January 27, 2012

the little things

TGIF! I've had a rather good week this week and I wanted to share some of the little things that have made me happy :)

I got paid today! My last paycheck was from the end of December. The 2 week break for the holidays is super nice but brutal on the bank account. Thank goodness for savings! Anywho, I'm going grocery shopping today (which for some reason makes me a teeny bit happy) and may go browse around Goodwill after work today. Ya just never know what you'll find there :) I'm also planning to surprise Nate tonight when he gets home from work. He loves CFA so much and I thought it would be nice for him to have some waiting when he gets home. Chicken nuggets and sweet-n-sour sauce make that boy ridiculously happy!


Speaking of Nathan, he got a huge project done around the farm this week! His garage was full of handmade horse stalls when he bought it. They somewhat resemble this:


We had no intentions of getting horses but thought it would be a good way to organize stuff. It has turned out to be quite the opposite. We just throw junk everywhere and it's a mess. He found somebody to take these out for him on Wednesday and by 1:00 yesterday they were gone! The best part? It was no cost/labor to him because they wanted the horse stalls. I can't wait to see how much bigger it looks and am ready to start some organizing :)

I got my wedding shoes yesterday! I think I literally squealed when I saw the box. Guess what?! I'm revealing them to you right now...


They're nothing fancy but they're exactly what I wanted and they'll be perfect on our day :)

School has been very nice to me during our first week together. That's something I'm not really used to and I'm loving it! I know it's going to be busy but I have some fabulous classmates! I'm also excited to begin my field experience next Thursday with some sweet fifth graders. A great reminder as to why I'm doing this in the first place :)

Finally, a picture of my two favorite little girls. Wonder Woman (aka Lily) came to the rescue for Gracyn... or at least that's what I'm told. This picture is oozing with personality, y'all! Hope it makes you laugh as much as it did my family ;)


The weather has been pretty crummy the past few days but is looking to clear up just in time for the weekend! I'm looking forward to it and seeing my fiance :) What's some of the little things that you've enjoyed this week?

Have a good one, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?