
Time to get pretty, y'all! Today is all about foundation, powders, concealer, etc. This is the most crucial part of my make-up routine for 2 reasons. #1: I swear I'll never go out of the house without foundation. It's a self-image thing. #2: If you don't have the right foundation, the rest of your make-up will not look right either. It's important to create a base for the rest of your make-up to sit on. Let's get started, shall we?
First of all, let's review my skin care routine. I do this every single morning before I put my make-up on. It's like religion to me. Now here's the first of three steps to creating my base. TimeWise Matte-Wear Foundation in Ivory 4. This little tube of liquid foundation is like my concealer and primer all in one. It keeps the rest of my make-up in place and covers up imperfections. This foundation is fairly new to Mary Kay and it comes in 2 formulas. Matte-Wear for gals with combination/oily skin and Luminous-Wear for gals with normal/dry skin. This stuff will not budge from your face and I usually use an amount about the size of a dime every morning. I apply it with my fingers because that's what is easiest for me. It costs $20 and will last about 3 months. Can't beat that :)

Next is step 2 and my favorite foundation ever! Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Ivory 2. I cannot explain how much I love this stuff! The mineral powder finish gives my skin a soft, completed look. I apply it with the MK mineral powder foundation brush... I find that you get the best coverage when you apply it with the brush in circular motions. The foundation is $18 and lasts me about a month and a half. The brush is $10 and lasts forever if you wash it every couple weeks!

Finally is the Mary Kay Sheer Mineral Pressed Powder in Beige 2. This product has a similar feel to the mineral powder I just discussed, but it feels more lightweight because it has a sheer finish. I use this powder as my definition tool and bronzer. I used to wear bronzer every single day until I attended a training back in November and learned about how to use foundation to define your face and glow. We all want definition in our face, especially to get great cheek bones. Here's how you do it. Get a powder that is 2 shades darker than your normal foundation. Apply it below your blush right at the bottom of your cheek bones. This will give the illusion of a shadow in this area and will visually raise your cheek bones. You can also add definition to your forehead near your hair line and below your chin. I would add that you need to remember less is more in this situation. Since the foundation is 2 shades darker, you will not need much :) This product is $16 and lasts me about 4 months -- since I only use it as a definer. I apply it with the powder foundation brush that is part of MK's fabulous brush set which costs about $35.

There ya have it. That's how I get the base that I want in 3 simple steps :)
I hope that one day in the not-so-distant future, I'll post a video of my normal make-up routine. Sometimes, it's best to actually see someone do it instead of reading directions. What do y'all think?!
Go link-up and have yourself a fabulous Monday!

I love Mary Kay, too! :-) New follower over from the link up!
ReplyDeleteyou are definitely a MK girl, huh!! Your face always looks so pretty and glowing.. maybe I'll have to give it a shot! :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome, Arielle! love your name! :)
ReplyDeleteYou betcha, Katie ;) Let me know if you have questions about anything!
Mary Kay must be where it's at!!! I need to get on the train like...yesterday. Love all of the products, you are gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with us :)
ReplyDelete