Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wedding Wednesday {registry... please help!}

We're moving right along on our to-do list. It's hard to believe that it's almost time to start registering. I know it will be an exciting process, but I have to admit that I'm scared to death. Like, I have no idea where to even begin.

That's where you come in.

We know we're going to register at Target and Kohl's. They are both local, great prices, and great selection.



The good thing is that we pretty much already have all our decor, furniture, etc. since Nathan moved several months ago but what we need from you is to know what exactly to register for. How many place settings? How many sets of silverware? What the heck is that thing called that cores the apples? We're in trouble. If we went in there this afternoon, we'd probably come out without a wedding after fighting about what we need. That's how clueless we are :)

So, please comment with your necessities or any good websites that have a list for us to go by. Thanks in advance!

Have a lovely Wednesday :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kaylin!!
    We also registered at Kohl's! I really wanted to register at Target but I heard they didn't have a good return policy so we decided to register at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I am so glad we did, our bridal consultant was GREAT!!!

    We registered for 8 place setting even though our consultant suggested 12. We were told to registered for twice as many gifts as guests. Keith and I have lived together for almost a year but we still registered for all sorts of items and still have tons of things we need to register for. One thing our consultant told us that she did not register for that she regrets is "fine China", especially on special events or holidays. If you would like to check out our registry to give you an idea of what to register for please feel free. Just go to the Bed, Bath & Beyond and Kohl's website and just search for us.. just use my fiance's name, Keith Menkedick, it's easier to find our registry that way.

    Don't get overwhelmed... you have plenty of time and plus it's supposed to be FUN!!! Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best advice I can give you is to just enjoy the experience with Nathan and don't worry or stress out -- it's just "stuff"!! :) Some of the best things in my house right now are items that Chris scanned with the registry gun being goofy (case in point: a pig watering can from Target)! I wouldn't have picked it out myself, but it makes me smile to look at it now and fondly remember the day we registered for it. I know it's corny!! :) But just relax and have fun!

    We registered at Kohls and Target too -- and I loved getting the cutesy decorative stuff best of all, so be sure and register for plenty of throw pillows, lamps, paintings, and cute canisters -- just little fun things that you know you will love putting in y'alls new home together to make it more cozy!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?