Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday Funday!

I originally started this post talking about our whole weekend then I realized that I pretty much caught you up on everything when I posted Saturday. Therefore, let me catch you up on our Sunday :)

I think I slept almost 10 hours on Saturday night. I worked on homework and my taxes all that afternoon so I was tired. Nathan had to work so I hit the sack before my parents did... and it felt good. I woke up on Sunday and went to church with fiance. Afterwards, we went to his parents' house to celebrate his little bro's 20th birthday! Nathan's family has way too many good cooks so you can expect that we majorly stuffed ourselves. Fried chicken wings, corn, spiced potatoes, baked beans, and cookie pizza. I'm kicking myself for not fixing a plate of leftovers ;) We spent a little time with them and then headed back to the farm to do a few things before Nathan had to go to work. Again. Boy put in many hours of overtime last week and it looks to be the same this week... but at least I have a little extra time off to see him. Things always slow down closer to summer anyway.

Our major chore for the afternoon was to finally put up the mailbox. He's been living there nearly 6 months and is just now putting up a mailbox. I think it was a bit overdue. All of his bills have been going to his parents' house so I'm sure he's glad to have everything sorted out now. He did all the major work while I just sat on the tailgate and told him which way it needed to be turned. It's a hard life.


After that, we let the dogs play for a bit and spent some QT together watching TV. It was a very nice, low-key afternoon.

This picture just makes me smile. :)


We're going to have a garden on Nate's farm this year. When he bought it last year (late April), it was too late to plant anything so we're pretty excited! It won't be anything major... we just want to have lots of fresh veggies like potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, banana peppers, and the above seeds in the picture. I've never tended to a garden so this is new territory for me, but Nathan's family has one every year so I know I'm in good hands! I'm really looking forward to learning how to "can" the vegetables in the Fall so we can save them year-round :) That will be a learning experience!

Happy Monday, y'all! I'm only working 2 days this week so tomorrow is my Friday... jealous?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?