Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedding Wednesday {cake}

First of all, thank you all for your help with the registry.  I have a complete list in hand and I can't wait to register!  We are hoping to do it the next weekend that Nathan has off... which will probably be next weekend for Easter.  The stress has most definitely worn off and excitement has set in :)

Today, we're going to talk about cake.  One of the most important elements if you ask me.  Why?  Because girlfriend loves anything sweet!  I decided a long time ago that I didn't want a monumental layered cake.  It's not us, it's complicated to cut, and I'm scared to death that it would fall over.  So, in order to compromise, we're going to have cupcakes for our guests, a small cake for the groom and I, and a groom's cake.  I'm thrilled with my decision!  Cupcakes are inexpensive, can be personalized in a billion different ways, and there's no cutting involved.  Just come on up and grab ya one :)
I'll be making the cupcake stand(s) out of antique plates and mugs that I found at a local thrift store.  I found a tutorial online and hope to get that done within the next few weeks.  I'll update you when it's done!   As for the cake, my aunt's mom has graciously offered to make it.  I kenw I wanted something simple and not too fussy.  Lord willing, I found this on Pinterest one day... and it's perfect.
We'll make a cake stand for this out of scrap wood.  I'm sure many of you have also saw that floating around on Pinterest as well.  The groom's cake will be the infamous chocolate and strawberry cake that my aunt's mom should become rich for.  I mean, seriously, I wish y'all could taste it through the computer screen.  Be jealous!  In order to make it more "manly", we'll jazz up the groom's cake table with antique fishing reels, duck figurines, deer antlers, and Lord only knows what else. 
I can't wait to see how everything looks (and tastes) on our day.  I know it will be fabulous :)

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?