Just a warning to ya all... this post will not follow my typical positive, upbeat attitude. Why? Because life isn't always positive and upbeat. I had one of those days yesterday. Please do not feel the need to read on ;)
Here we go, the truth is...
I had my first mental breakdown of the year yesterday. And possibly, my first ever since I've been in college. I called Nathan and just lost it. While hysterically crying, I was convinced that I wanted to quit school because it just wasn't worth it. I had a freaking 70 page chapter to read in my Geography class along with the 10 other assignments to work on. Not worth it. I was to my breaking point at work and I literally just felt like running up and down the streets screaming. But I didn't. Bless Nathan's heart! He is seriously the best, y'all! After about a 3 minute phone call, he managed to convince me that everything would be ok and to just do what I could because after all I was doing too much anyway. I felt a bit better but I still just felt like crying.
I skipped my daily workout yesterday afternoon because I was so exhausted and just had too much crap to do. Thankfully, I knocked a few things off my list last night at home.
I hate having an Art class until 9 pm. I mean seriously. On Mondays I leave home at around 6:45 and don't get home until around 9:45. I better be freaking Pablo Picasso after this class.
I hate that I won't get to see Nathan at all next Tuesday - our 5.5 year anniversary :( Yes, it is not new for us to not see each other on such "special" days. However, everything just hit me harder yesterday and I wasn't happy about it.
I'm so ready for Nathan to be moved and for everything to be sort of done at his place. I know things are never completely done when you own land/house/etc. but I feel like working over there every weekend is a job in itself.
Truthfully, I'm just ready for us to be married. Yes, we're not even engaged. Yes, I can't believe I just typed that.
As stupid as this sounds... I hate the new Facebook layout.
Last but not least, I hate the things that we women must experience each month. I can't believe I just typed that either.
I died last night when I went to sleep, and for good reason. Today has been a much better day though! I started off observing some kiddos and with some super nice (and much needed) compliments from the girls who observe with me.
I am also excited that we have received an official announcement from my aunt and uncle of what baby girl's name will be. Of course, I won't be revealing that until she is here in November :)
I have also loved looking through my friend's Scentsy catalog this week. Lots of smelly goods to put in Nate's place!
Lastly, I am thankful that even though I find it hard to balance life sometimes, my hard work is paying off.
Yes, that's what I made last week with Mary Kay! I was super psyched after I figured all of this up. I have big goals and this is just getting me one step closer :)
I apologize for any grammatical errors there may be in this post. I have decided to leave it as is to capture the rawness of my typing and emotions ;)
I promise this type of post will not become a norm for me... I just had to type all this out so that I can look back in a couple weeks/years/etc. and laugh at myself. Because if we can't laugh at ourselves, then we are taking life WAY too seriously :)

No comments:
Post a Comment