Tuesday, September 6, 2011

my town

I am writing this today with a heavy heart and many prayer requests. My little county was hit pretty hard with tragedy over the weekend as we have been many times before. I cannot tell you the emotions and tragedies we had to deal with when I was in high school. Too many lives taken too young. I ask for prayer for these three families.

Brandy Day.


Beautiful girl, isn't she? She was in a serious car accident at the end of last week and was transported to Vandy immediately. She has a broken leg in two places along with two broken ribs. Thankfully, she was able to come home yesterday. Pray for a fast recovery and healing so this girl can continue her freshmen year of college.

Tragically, a 14-year-old committed suicide yesterday afternoon. He was still in middle school. The reasons are unknown and the details have not, and probably should not, be released. Pray for this young boy's family and his friends who are suffering through this at such a young age.

Hannah Blunk.


This picture brings all sorts of emotions to me. Hannah was involved in a car accident Sunday afternoon and, unfortunately, passed away. Her beautiful daughter is only nine months old. She was engaged to be married next May. Hannah was just a year ahead of me in school and while I never knew her well personally, I know she has touched the lives of so many people. Pray for her family, friends, fiance, and daughter during the dark days ahead.

The rain over the past few days has been symbolic. Our county is in mourning for these families. One of the greatest things about living in a small town is the people. Always there with a helping hand and a prayer. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I guess that's the one positive thing coming from all of this... gratefulness. I am so grateful this afternoon to just be able to live and for all the love I receive from so many people. This life is so great and I take too many things for granted. Times like these remind me of how blessed and lucky I am.

Please keep these families in your prayers for quite a while. I cannot begin to grasp the range of emotions they are feeling.

I learn from these tragedies that we will never fully understand God's plan and reasons why, but we're not supposed to. If we never turn our back on Him, it will all be ok. His plan is much greater than ours could ever be!

1 comment:

  1. K, I'm so sorry for all the loss you and your community have suffered lately. I'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?