Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a thousand words

Yup, that's what these pictures are worth.

Nathan harvested his first bow-kill ever and his 2011 tag on Sunday afternoon. I got a text from him at 6:23 that said, "I just shot him." I knew immediately who "him" was because we've been getting trail cam pics of this particular deer since July. Yes, we've both been extremely anxious! I, along with his 3 best friends, flew over to help him track down the deer. You see, after you shoot a deer with a bow, you're supposed to let it lay for at least 30 minutes to make sure it is dead before you walk up on it. By the time we all got there, it had been almost an hour and we were chomping at the bit to go find him. After following the blood trail, we found him and I snapped this picture of Nathan's first touch.


Can you see the excitement and relief? I have never seen grown men get so excited about an animal.


That's the official picture.



Great friends and great girlfriend ;)

I am so excited to have my boyfriend back now! We have hardly seen each other at all over the past couple weeks. AND his main focus is now on moving and getting settled in at his place! This was definitely a day that we will all remember with pictures, and a mount, that I'm sure will decorate the walls at his place ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?