Wednesday, August 15, 2012

why I'm looking forward to Fall...

It seems that everyone had the same idea that I did today... a blog post devoted to all the things lovely about Fall.  Which is pretty much everything, I might add.  Anywho, here's why I'm counting down the days...

The scenery.  Bright leaves, pumpkins, wheat, and sunflowers.  Makes my little heart happy.


The fashion.  Boots, scarves, snuggly sweaters, and neutrals.


I'm all about the riding boot this season.  I totally lucked up yesterday and found a beautiful caramel-colored pair for only $14 at a local consignment store.  I may or may not have let out a little gasp when I saw them... thankfully, nobody was close enough to hear me. ;)

The food.  Well, duh.  I seem to combine the salty and sweet flavors into yummy dishes.  I saw the fall bark (1st pic) and caramel apple bites (3rd pic) on Pinterest recently and look forward to trying them all once the temps drop more.  And, of course, a big pot of soup or chilli always suits my stomach on cold days.  Even more so now that I have homemade tomato sauce to devour!


The decor.  Confession time... I like dressing up the house for fall more than I do for Christmas.  There's just not as much stress involved.  I can do as much, or as little, as I please.  Pumpkins always catch my eye and I am DYING to create a shabby chic pumpkin like the one in the middle.  I mean, really, how can you not love that?!?


Oh yeah, and one other thing.  I'm freakin' marrying my best friend this Fall!  I think that pretty much trumps everything else, y'all ;)  44 days!!!


Much love on this Wednesday!

PS - check out my Pinterest to see the links to each of these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?