Y'all, I was an organizing freak over the weekend. Something came over me. Something that they call nesting. I'm trying to get all our things in order before the wedding gets even closer and chaos ensues. So on Thursday night when I got home from work, I immediately began tearing my room apart and threw away every article of clothing and piece of crap that was jumbled into my room and never used. Four filled trash bags and four 30 gallon containers later, the moving process will be so much simpler when the time comes. It was a little bittersweet to see my entire life either thrown away or stored, but I feel so relieved and excited that it is done. I can feel the day getting closer ;)
On top of all the organizing, I did manage to have some fun decorating though. I'm still moving around our shower goods to find the perfect place for each of them. I know it will just take time but it is coming together! Once we get the wooden pantry from Nate's parents, we can make our cabinets a little less stuffed and move things out of the spare bedroom.
Anywho, here are some of my projects from the weekend... :)
We registered for and received these "cracker jar" canisters at our shower. I liked them but I knew in the store that I was going to have to add my touch... and that I did. I just taped off a little sqaure, painted inside of it, let it dry, and wrote with a Sharpie what was inside each jar. It's not perfect but I adore how it turned out!
We now have curtains in our bedroom! I originally just had a brown valance but the blinds weren't wide enough for the window so I knew that they needed to be repalced with panels. I bought these brown thermal panels from Target for $9.99 a piece. I ironed them really well and hung them but knew it still needed more. I dug around in the wedding crafts bag and found a few pieces of my burlap ribbon left. I tied them around each panel to seperate them and it looks just perfect! Our comforter is different shades of brown so the burlap is a great touch. I mean, what's not to love about burlap?! ;)
Nathan had to work yesterday so I went to church with my Momma. We had lunch at Zaxby's afterwards and did some shopping. I found this little gem for $12 at Trees 'n Trends. I've sat it in the corner of our kitchen and I plan to put a bucket on top of it for storage of our many cookbooks. It fills the corner space perfectly and will allow me to have all my cookbooks on hand easily... not in the very back of a cabinet. I had a blast spending the day with my Momma! I hope once life settles down a bit, we can do it more often :)
And, finally, I conquered my fear of cooking gravy last night... and succeeded with approval! I knew Fiance would be starving after working all day so I fixed breakfast for supper. I was so pleased with how it turned out and I'm praying it wasn't just beginner's luck ;) What's that one dish that always intimidates you when cooking?!
The organization will continue this weekend as I tackle the refrigerator, closet, nightstand, and dresser. Order brings comfort for me and I love nothing more than checking something off the "to-do" list!
Happy Monday, ladies!





No comments:
Post a Comment