Monday, August 13, 2012

peace



Today, I am thankful.  For the first time in quite a while, I am so at peace with life.  Is everything the way I want it to be?  Absolutely not.  But in the past week, I have truly just learned to let go.  It's not worth my stress.  I was feeling pretty crappy last Monday.  Ready to be married, bitter that Nathan and I can't see each other every day, peeved that summer has gone by so quickly, and, quite frankly, a little mad that God seems to just be turning his head when I call for him.  Of course, I know that's not the case... I'm just impatient ;)


I feel like for the most part, God has answered the prayers in my life fairly quickly.  For the first time, I'm truly having to learn how to be patient and trust him.  I figured out, though, that I can't just sit on my hands and wait for things to happen.  So, last Tuesday, I got up early and hit the gym.  It's a perfect start to my morning.  I immediately feel proud of myself and, since I now get home earlier, I am able to spend more time with my family.  What's not to love about that?!  I've also began a bible study online via She Reads Truth.

 
Joining in on this is one of the best decision I've made in a long time.  I strongly encourage each of you to visit their website and see how it works.  I've never been so excited and eager to dive into my bible each day.  Another positive influence has been this book by Candance Cameron Bure...


You probably recognize her as DJ Tanner from "Full House"  ;)

By burying my head in each of these, I can see a deeper relationship with God forming and I'm convinced that is the reason why I'm experiencing such a peace.  Plus, I have seen proof that God is near me via these two fabulous quotes:

"A seed of worry can build mountains but a seed of faith can move mountains."  via She Reads Truth.

"And therefore when He sends not the things we ask, He hears us by sending greater things than we could think or ask."  A quote from Richard Cecil enclosed in Cameron's book.

Oh yes, I needed both of those.

So now instead of eagerly counting down days and stressing over to-do lists for the wedding day, I'm enjoying this time in my life.  I'm only engaged once, right?!

Instead of being bitter that I only see my fiance 3 days a week, I'm thankful that he has a job and for all the things that job has given us.

Instead of being peeved that school is inching closer, I'm remembering all the wonderful memories I've made this summer.

Instead of wondering why God won't make things happen, I'm doing my absolute best at knowing that He has greater things than I can imagine coming.

But, God, if you're reading this... I'd really love if you'd give Nate a new job, make the next 46 days fly by, and make this semester stress-free ;)

Happy Monday, friends!

1 comment:

whatcha lookin' for?