Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter 2012 is in the books.  I hope you had just as much fun as I did :)  BUT before we get to the festivities... allow me to introduce you to my new friend.

Yup, that's mine and Nate's first purchase as a couple... and we've lived to tell about it.  Both of our names are together on the contract and the title but the driving privileges belong to me!  And I can't tell y'all how much I am in love with this car.  I went from a car that didn't even have power windows to a touch screen radio.  It was quite an upgrade.

In addition to buying a car on Friday, we finished registering at Target and Kohl's.  Yes, it was a mighty long day but we got a lot accomplished!  I have a few edits to do on our registry and then I'll show ya the links :)  The edits are a result of me getting scan gun happy.  I knew it would happen. 

Both of these events made marriage seem even more real and close... neither of us could be happier about that either!  Just under 6 months to go :)

Now back to Easter.  Here is me and the fiance... quite a lovely picture of us if I do say so.  And just to settle your thoughts, we did not plan the whole matching checkered, button-up thing.  We actually match a lot without purposely doing it.  It annoys Nate a lot, to be honest - haha!
My entire outfit is from Old Navy.  I didn't buy a single new thing in honor of my spending fast.  Because of that, I spent nearly an hour on Saturday trying on every single dress I owned.  Somehow I got creative and threw this together... it turned out better than I expected ;)

After looking back through the pictures of us, I thought we could be a knockoff of Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert.  Ok, so I need implants and Nate needs a growth spurt but if you squint we're practically twins ;)  Agree?!

I just love the Easter holiday.  It's one of the very few that doesn't get so caught up in the gift giving and chaos.  We enjoyed some time with both of our families yesterday and the weather was perfect!
 Of course, the meaning of Easter means so much.  It is so hard for me to sometimes comprehend the love that Jesus has for us.  But he does love us, regardless of our faults.  I hope you had a moment over the weekend to think of the story of Easter... it's something we should do each day.

"Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here... HE HAS RISEN!"

Happy Monday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Love the car. Jealous of the touch screen radio!
    2. Love the outfit. And you didn't spend a dime! yay!!!

    Happy Easter, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous of your car! I've been looking at that car for weeks now! They'll practically pay for themselves with in a couple years!! Happy (late) Easter

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?