Easter... the day that changed the world thousands of years ago. He is Risen, indeed. What a blessing!
As usual, we spent the holiday split among our families with lots of yummy food and little ones running around searching for eggs. Although I have certainly outgrown my egg-hunting days, my Nanny still gave us grown-ups a plastic egg filled with some "green" stuff that a person would never turn down. And an amen to that! She's one of a kind :)
Handsome Hubs and I celebrating the day. (gotta admit that I'm happy to be blonde again!)
The forecast all week looked like Easter would be pretty gloomy but that skies parted in the afternoon so we took advantage of the pretty weather. We rode around the farm on the 4-wheeler for a bit then he decided some grass needed to be sewed so, of course, we did that. I can't complain though. It gives me the excuse to take all sorts of unnecessary pictures ;)
(1) our homeplace; (2) the wheat in our fields is looking mighty fine; (3) the pups were our ride-along buddies; (4) the old-fashioned grass tiller
And, yes, some major selfie photos were taken. What's a girl to do when you're bored with the wind blowing in your hair?! I never let a good opporutnity pass me by.
Now I am pumped to hit up the candy sales for some mini Cadbury eggs and Starburst jellybeans. Shameful, I know.
I have yet another glorious week off for Spring Break this week. I'm hoping to cross off the final items on my to-do list, get ahead on lesson plans, and just plain enjoy not having to go to work :)
Happy Monday (and April), friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment