Sunday, March 31, 2013

one sentence

I was working on a job application a few weeks ago to a private school with religious affiliations.  The first page was all the typical stuff...  name, address, blah blah.  Then I flipped to the second page and was a bit surprised.  All of the questions on this page dealt with my faith.  Questions about my involvement in church, belief in Jesus, etc.  Then the last question said "Describe your relationship with the Lord."

Wow.

Have you ever tried to describe that in a sentence or two?  Ever even thought about it?!  Yea, me neither.  I'm one of those people who likes to thoroughly explain things.  I blame it on my former English teachers who always preached for more detail.  So I set the application aside trying to think of the perfect response to that question.  A few days went by and, finally, I got tired of seeing it sitting on my dresser.  I sat down and didn't write what was perfect, but it was certainly true.

I fail the Lord daily, but He never fails me.

One simple sentence.  And I really think that sums it up.  No matter how much effort I put into my relationship with God, I always fall short.  But ya know what?  He continues to put His blessings upon me anyway.  He loves me unconditionally.

On this Easter Sunday, what would your "one sentence" be?

Every year when I sit down and think about the true meaning of Easter, it gives me chills.  Take the time today to really think about Easter.  How merciful our God is.  And how blessed we all are.

1 comment:

  1. I had to do that on my application for the seminary. It was surreal during the interview to be discussing my relationship with God! That is usually something you're "not supposed to" talk about in the work place, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?