I have been crossing things off my "purchase" list left and right the past couple weeks and it feels great! After I make a couple final purchases from Etsy tomorrow, my list will be 97% done. I have to add a little sidenote here. Thanks to my parents for making me set-up a savings account before a checking account when I got my first job. It's the sole reason why we won't be going into debt with the wedding. My kids will, without a doubt, be forced to do the same ;)
My main purchase recently was all of our flowers. My aunt will be graciously helping me arrange them all once they all get here. I cannot wait to see her work her magic and make it all look fabulous! We'll be working with ammobium (looks like small daisies) and peonies for my bouquet, blackbeard wheat for the centerpieces, and preserved baby's breath for my girls. The guys (and family members) have their own special boutonnieres which I can't wait to share with y'all once they're completed. Totally DIY and adorable :)
I've also purchased many of the materials that we'll need for the barn -- burlap, candles, lights, etc. -- along with all the bridal party gifts, garters, and some fun items to have for the kiddos. As a teacher, I've realized just how important it is to keep your littlest guests entertained. We will have a bucket full of goodies like crayons, coloring books, and sketch pads to keep little hands busy.... and happy! I've also took the first step in completing our guest book that was inspired by this baby that I found on Pinterest.
I can't wait to get it in and put our rustic feel on it :)
Nathan and I will also be ordering and resizing his band today while also sending mine off to be resized. That will be a fun lunch time project, along with some good food and company!
This is all becoming so much more real... stressful at times, but excitement more than anything. I have a full list for myself this weekend and I'm determined to get it all done!
1. Cut the burlap table runners. We already know how long our tables will be so this is something I can do ahead of time.
2. Address the invitations.
3. Organize and make the kid entertainment supplies cutesy ;)
4. Put the finishing touches on my Song of Solomon sign
79 days... :)

Wow 79 days!! Exciting! :)
ReplyDelete