make coming back to reality so much harder! I just have to say that if the past 2 weekends are any indication as to what our entire summer will be like... we are going to have some awesome memories.
We had a weekend full of enjoying the hot weather and good food. On Saturday, Nate and I (along with a few of our mutual couple friends) went bowfishing for a few hours. It was really a waste of time since we barely saw any fish. We came to the conclusion that it was just too hot for the fish to come to the surface. After a few hours of being drenched in sweat, we headed back to Nate's place to fry up some catfish and bluegill from a previous fishing trip. I must say that there isn't much of anything better than some fish on a hot afternoon. Oh yeah, our friends Brent and Jess brought along this koozie in support of Memorial Day.
And amen.
I also made my first attempt at some homemade strawberry pie on Saturday. It isn't too pretty but it sure did taste good! Here's the recipe I used.
As I mentioned many times last week, we were supposed to have our engagement pictures on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, our photographer came down with the stomach virus and we have to reschedule. We were both bummed but we had a nice afternoon of catching up on work in the garden and eating outside on the porch... so it wasn't a total loss :) We're not sure when we'll reschedule yet. Nathan's work schedule is nuts right now, but I'll keep y'all updated on the situation!
Yesterday, Nate and I spent the entire day cruising Nolin Lake on a pontoon with 2 of our best friends. It was exactly what we both needed. A day of doing nothing but relaxing in the sun, swimming, eating, and laughing it up with our friends. I don't know if I've said this before on the blog... but I have never "officially" been taught how to swim. My friends and Nathan gave me some amateur lessons a few summers ago that would help me save myself... but I always wear a lifejacket just to give me that security since I'm not a great swimmer. I love the water so I'll wear a goofy jacket in order to be able to enjoy it! Want proof? Here I am doing a cannonball... a wimpy version of one for sure. And yes, the tanlines were certainly beginning to set in.
Here we are at the end of the day. Red, major tanlines, tangled hair, and all. Love this guy so very much!
And, finally, Lily had a dance recital on Saturday night. I wasn't able to make it but I had to share this picture that Mom snapped for me. She is growing up too fast on us!
I hope you all had a great weekend! It's tough being back at work today... but at least it's a short week ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment