Wednesday, August 31, 2011

i'm still here :)

Happy Wednesday, y'all! It has certainly been a LONG time since I last posted. Let's see I had a vacation and started my Junior year of college during that period. I think this post will consist mainly of bullet points to keep myself a bit more organized ;)

--My "vacation" was great but I swear I was ready collapse every single night. I found myself every morning at Nate's place painting. And painting. And painting. Yea, it literally took forever. But he informed me today that there are just a few more touch-ups to do and it shall be done. (hallelujah chorus!) Basically, that means I can get excited because we will start moving furniture/hanging up curtains/decorating THIS WEEKEND!!! It feels so good to finally be at this point. We cannot wait for the day to chill at HIS place without having to work. What a day that will be :)

--I disocvered Suave dry shampoo recently and it's seriously the best $4 I've ever spent. Hello, sleeping in, no hair washing, and still a good hair day :)

--Luke Bryan & The Pistol Annies consume my radio these days.

--Nathan and I didn't make it to the LB concert. We were just too exhausted to mess with all the traffic at the State Fair. We just treated ourselves to a nice date night. I cannot complain about that at all!

--I looked at the 10 day forecast earlier and it is supposed to be ONLY 80 degrees after Labor Day. I am so ready for Fall, y'all!

--Mom, Dad, and I had a day for ourselves last Friday. We went shopping, ate, and had a nice day out!

--My mom just started a new job on Monday. I am so happy she has this opportunity! She has been quite stressed though and getting very little/if any sleep. We're hoping once that is resolved that she will feel better. I truly believe she will enjoy this new job! Love ya, momma :)

--Junior year has been pretty overwhelming so far. I have caught myself up today but it's most definitely an adjustment. However, I am liking all my classes so far but my Spanish class has been quite an eye-opener for me. I have been looking over my notes from high school and reviewing as much as possible. I'm hoping that a 100-level class won't be the death of me! Other than that, I can't complain. I am routine persn and I'll be glad once I get myself back in the groove of things.

--I have a one-on-one meeting with my MK director tonight and I am very excited about it! She has a tendency to motivate me and I need that now that school has started. I can't wait to talk about my future with MK :)

I guess that's enough randoms for y'all today. Hopefully, things will stay pretty normal for me in the blog world but I cannot make any promises ;)


that's my motto this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?