Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Enough is enough.



Yes, Mr. Shovel. I am sad too. I have realized over the past few weeks that Mother Nature is moody (and mean) in the winter months. I would bet that since I've started college my high school has had more snow days than my entire 4 years there. It's not so fun when you actually have to drive in it and be somewhere. However, in a couple years when I become a teacher, I will welcome these days with open arms :) The snow is getting a bit old though. Don't get me wrong, it was gorgeous this morning! Unfortunately, I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy it between all the slipping and sliding. I do believe I got very lucky this morning and I was so thankful to make it to school and work in one piece. I have never been to happy to see Western ;)


I must add that if Mother Nature, in any form or fashion, disrupts the fun of the Jason Aldean concert, I will never forgive her. Mark my word lady!


... moving on ...


My semester has gotten off to a great start. All of my classes actually deal with education and I am enjoying all of them so far! It's good to know that last semester wasn't going to be the new "norm" for me. Nathan and I were total hermits over the weekend. We ate at Sonic on Saturday and watched "The Dark Knight" on TV. Then, on Sunday, we ate some Chicken Tortilla Soup and prepared ourselves for the week. This upcoming weekend will be the last weekend of Nathan's favorite and my least favorite time of year -- duck season. It begins on Thanksgiving Day and it doesn't end until the end of January. I rarely see my man before dark during this time period. I have made it clear to him recently that I don't like ducks anymore. Period.

I hope you've all been trying to enjoy this cold weather. I guess I'm gonna make the best of it tonight while I curl up in my PJ's and drink some hot chocolate :)

Maybe winter isn't all that bad?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?