Tuesday, June 11, 2013

marriage... fairy tale vs. reality.

While I was scrolling through my Facebook feed a few days ago, I stumbled upon this article.  The title certainly caught me off guard so I started reading... and I couldn't stop.
 
To date, the article is one of my favorites that deals with marriage.  It discusses the fairy tale portrait that society casts upon marriage versus the reality of marriage.
 
I would certainly recommend it to all my readers... married or not.  Here's one of my favorite quotes from the article:
 

I was blessed to grow up in a home that gave me a real insight to marriage.  It's not perfect.  It's not easy.  But it can be magical when both people work really hard at it.

It's a gift to have someone there with me to laugh at all times; to eat supper with; to talk to just before I fall asleep. 

It's a blessing... but only because Jesus goes to bed with us every night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?