Tuesday, May 21, 2013

my happy place

A happy place. 
We all have one.  A place we go to in order to feel a sense of true peace.  Happiness.  Life. 
 
For me, it is basking in the summer sun.
 

I did just that yesterday afternoon for over 2 hours.  It was heaven.

Just me, tanning oil, reading material, and my beloved Jason Aldean Pandora station.  Oh, and the dogs were trying to join me as well.  Typical.


For as long as I can remember, basking in the sun has been the place I go to for solitude.  Obviously, it can only happen with the right weather so I take advantage of it during these warm months.

There's absolutely nothing better for my soul that to just lay and be with myself.  Sometimes I will read.  But most of the time, you will just find me alone with my music and my thoughts. 

The relationship that we have with ourself affects the relationships that we have with those around us.  When we're in our happy place, we learn to love ourself.  Accept ourself.  Realize that we are wonderful in the eyes of God.

The summer sun has been my happy place for as long as I can remember.  It takes me back to my early high school years... before the responsibility.  It gives me a sense of freedom and reminds me how important it is to just spend time with myself every once in a while. 

Some things don't change after all these years.  I still have my love affair with soaking up some Vitamin D.  I still have my love for myself... and my happy place takes me back to that.

However, some things do change over the years. 

I didn't drink these bad boys all those years ago in high school to cool down.  ;)


What's your happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?