Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about the Blog Everyday Challenge in May. Great idea, right?! I know I'm late to this whole thing, but I'm going to get started today! I will probably just post a couple of times a week with several days joined together. Let's get started...
Day 1 - The story of my life
I have lived and grown-up in the same small-town community throughout my whole life. It's home to me. My parents just celebrated 25 years of marriage and remain one of my greatest examples of real marriage. My little sister and I are only 28 months apart. I cannot remember a part of my life without her in it and, even though she is my polar opposite, I love her to pieces. I had my first boyfriend the summer before my freshmen year of high school. After that and another short relationship, I started dating the guy who is now my husband at only 14 years old. What can I say? When ya know, ya know. I have always had a love for learning and children. I know this is part of what impacted my decision to become a teacher. It is my calling. I persued that dream by attending WKU. After graduating high school as a valedictorian and working my tail off on the ACT, I obtained a scholarship that paid for my tuition entirely. I am one of the few who will graduate college with zero student loans and that's something I'm proud of. Through my experiences at WKU, I made some amazing new friends, kept around my true old friends, and married my high school sweetheart. College has been the best experience thus far of my life. I found out exactly who I was and I haven't looked back. I do not know why the Lord blessed me to be surrounded by such wonderful people but I thank him every single day for it.
Day 2 - Something I know a lot about/something I'm good at
--Organization and cleaning. You can ask anyone who has ever lived with me. I am borderline OCD with those concepts.
--Lesson Planning. Considering I'm about to graduate college and enter the job market, I better have a good grasp on this. I can differentiate instruction like nobody's business.
--Sarcasm. Enough said.
Day 3 - Things that make me uncomfortable
Political discussions (no thank you!), people who are lazy (a waste of talent), and having to use my fingernails to scrape something off (gives me goosebumps).
Day 4 - Favorite quote
I have probably posted this somewhere on here before, but it deserves another mention. This quote is by the one and only Dolly Parton. It is a reminder to me that the obstacles and challenges we face are God's way of making us stronger and more faithful servants.
Day 5 - Favorite blogs
Holy cow, where do I even begin?! I love all these blogs for many different reasons -- same stage of life, similar lives, positive outlooks, great DIY projects, whatever. Make sure you follow these ladies :)
Katelyn - A Sweet Southern Mess
Molly - A Midwestern Touch
Stephanie - Beautiful Mess
Valerie - Along the Way with V & J
Christina - Carolina Charm
Natasha - Hello! Happiness
Jennifer - Life in the Green House
Emily - Nation's Nest
Pamela - Pamela's Place
Heather - Sweet Southern Sass
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment