Thursday, November 29, 2012

if i won the lottery...

First of all, unless you've been living under a rock, you're pretty aware of the massive lottery that has been ruling the world the past couple days.


Second of all, if I ever did win the lottery, not one single soul (except family, of course) would know. Announcing that you've won millions of dollars to the world just sounds like an invitation for identity theft, burglaries, etc. Am I the only one who thinks about that?! Too many criminal shows on my DVR, I guess.

Sadly, I have to admit that I have thought about what I'd do if I won a massive amount of money and here's what I've come up with.

#1: Pay off the remaining balance on my car.  I'm in love with my car and see no need to buy another one.  Buy Nathan a "trophy truck" - not just a practical one.  Pay off the remaining balance on the farm... then buy more farm land.  Build our dream house.


#2: Give a portion of the money to our family.  Donate to my favorite charities -- The Wounded Warrior Project and St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.




#3:  Go on a ridiculous shopping spree and, finally, buy a Michael Kors purse.

#4: Travel all across the country -- especially to the New England coast during Fall.


Then send Hubs on a dream duck hunt to Alberta, Canada.


#5: Buy all kinds of "toys." A Polaris Ranger and mini iPad would be at the top of the list.

#6: Save, save, save.  Money (even 580 million dollars) doesn't last forever.

What would you do?!?

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your ideas! And no, you are most certainly not the only one who thinks about the consequences of having the world know about you winning! I guess we both watch too many crime shows! lol I would totally remain anonymous as best as I could!
    I actually just made a post listing and asking this exact same question last night!
    My ideas-> http://sissy-fits.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-would-you-do.html

    -Brandy :)

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?