Sunday, December 18, 2011

cloud 9

Look at what I'm now sporting on a certain finger of my left hand.


That's right, y'all! I'M ENGAGED! And I feel like I'm on cloud 9. They always say that women who are pregnant have a certain glow -- but I'm pretty sure there's a certain glow for this as well. I wish they could bottle up these emotions... there's nothing like it! So you wanna hear the story? Let's begin.

I have to say that I was expecting to get engaged over the Holiday season but I never expected it to be before Christmas. So yes, he caught me off guard! He took a vacation day on Friday (12/16) and we had planned a nice date night of running random errands, getting some dinner, and watching a movie. It sounded perfect to me! I got over to his house about 1:00 and he was just about to start getting ready. He took a shower and then said he was gonna go feed the dogs before he put on any good clothes. To be honest, I noticed that he ran out the door pretty quickly. After a couple minutes, he ran in and told me I needed to hurry and come out to the garage to see what the dogs had done now. I thought, "Great, what are we gonna have to clean up now? It's cold outside. It's sleeting. Blah!" But I just put on my shoes and went out there. It wasn't very quickly though. I had done a Jillian Michaels video the day before and I felt the pain. As I got closer to the garage, I kept hearing these bells and I had no idea what it was. I opened the door and Boone greeted me wearing this.


It didn't really sink in yet. I kept asking what was going on and Nate said he just slipped into it. But it was tied on. I think he knew I was becoming confused. The next thing I know he's on one knee asking me to marry him. I asked him TWICE if he was serious because I was in shock and just couldn't believe it. After some reassurance, I screamed yes and told him to get off his knee so I could hug him. I think we spent about 10 minutes just hugging. It was such an amazing feeling! Then he says that we are going ring shopping tonight instead and I could pick out any ring that I wanted. Say what? Yea, girls! It was perfect! We then took a few pictures to document everything.

Here's me and the "engagement pup" as we now call him.


Here's our first picture as an engaged couple.


Here we are about to head out the door and go ring shopping.


I cannot put into words how perfect his proposal was. I never told him but I've always wanted to it to be private and somehow be "us." He did great! What's more us than our dogs and him wearing some camo?! I'm thrilled that he chose to have me pick out a ring after the proposal. It was less stress on both of us and it led me to be more surprised!

And the ring shopping? It only took me about 45 minutes. I hadn't even looked at anything before but I've always had a picture in my mind of what I wanted. I knew it when I saw it. It's just perfect for me! Nathan was great... he just kept telling me to take my time and get exactly what I wanted. I cannot stop looking at it and I'm going to be devastated when I have to send it off to be resized -- right now, I'm temporarily wearing a spacer to keep it on. I have loved being able to show it off to my famiy at Christmas gatherings.

So now begins the wedding planning. Honestly, we've discussed a few things already (nothing definite yet) and we're both on the same page. Huge relief! After the holidays, I'm sure wedding planning will become hardcore. And I'm sure y'all will hear about it! I will not make this a wedding-topic-only blog but I definitely want to remember everything about this time. Be prepared to hear all the good, bad, and ugly from me :)

I haven't been able to stop smiling and I'm so grateful for all the well wishes we have received! We are so blessed to have each other and even more blessed to be surrounded by such supportive and loving people. I cannot wait to begin this new chapter of life with my best friend right beside me!

--Future Mrs. M :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop telling you CONGRATULATIONS!! what a sweet proposal story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl!! Enjoy every second of it!! Don't let the planning overwhelm you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

whatcha lookin' for?