Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Catching up... and a rash

I hope you all remember me posting last week with the excitement I couldn't contain for the weekend. Well, it definitely lived up to my expectations! I had a wonderful time catching up with an old friend and bargain shopping with the girls in my family (and I found lots of them!). I also made a quick visit to see my favorite little girl, Lily Ann. You don't even have to ask if I had a good time doing that ;) I am the type of girl that likes to relax on the weekends, but I think it's nice to be busy sometimes - especially when I'm with my favorite people! However, there was a small damper on the weekend. I woke up Sunday morning with this awful rash on my neck. I mean awful! I'm convinced it was trying to eat my face. I kept moisturizer on it all morning to get rid of the redness and to hopefully ease the itching but later that afternoon I realized that the moisturizer was not helping at all. I took a Benadryl which thankfully helped some. I fought the urge to itch all afternoon and before I went to bed that night I declared war with the rash. Caladryl and calamine lotion along with another dose of Benadryl kicked that rash's butt. It wasn't completely gone Monday morning but it was bearable and not as scary. I still have it a little on the back of my neck but I think by tomorrow it will be completely healed! I have no idea what caused the evil rash. I have been getting them off and on for about a year now but never as bad as this one. This one had a vengeance. But I still conquered it :) I haven't changed anything, ate anything, or touched anything that would cause an allergic reaction so I'm afraid it's just stress finding it's way out of my body. I find myself gritting my teeth a lot when I sleep so I'm really trying to destress myself a little. I took a shower sometime this week and just sat down and did nothing. I felt great afterwards! I'm having to remind myself daily of some verses I mentioned in THIS POST. Matthew 6:25-34. Hopefully I'll learn to take care of myself a little better, worry less, and no more rashes will appear :)

Enough about the rash. I did have a wonderful weekend and I've been having a great week too! Nathan has been put on night shift this week so I've gotten to see him every night unlike the past month when he's been on second shift. I've really enjoyed getting to see him more than 3 or 4 times a week but I know that he's starting to get wore down because he fell asleep watching TV last night. Poor guy! He'll have to adjust his sleeping habits again this weekend. I also came to a realization last night that my sweet Baylie is getting too big to hold with one hand. I'm used to just scooping her up with one hand but last night I tried to do that and she almost fell heading straight for the gravel driveway. Needless to say I am now using both hands! I wish Nathan and I had weighed her the first day we got her to see how much she has grown over the past month... I'll try to get a good picture of her soon to show how big she has gotten :)

I hope you are all having a good week and weren't too grossed out by my rash ramblings. I wonder how I can top that tomorrow?!

live.LAUGH.love
--K

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?