Saturday, November 5, 2011

miranda, a sign, and a party

Hey y'all! Sorry for my absence over the past few days :) I hope life has been treating you all well. Have I told ya yet that I got an iPhone last week? Yea, pretty much in love with it and I hate that I'm admitting that. Moving on...

I just have a few things to write about. The first (and most important) is Miranda's new album. I picked up this bad boy ASAP after it came out on Tuesday.


I have to be honest that I was kind of leery about the new album. I was, and still am, practically obsessed with her album "Revolution." It's one of my absolute favorite CDs of all-time! I listened through it the first time and was surprised at how different each of the songs sound, but I am totally loving it! My favorites right now are "Safe", "Mama's Broken Heart", and "Over You." Go get your copy now! Oh yeah, have I ever mentioned that I love Miranda Lambert?! ;)

I got crafty again tonight. My rag wreath that I made last month didn't withstand my expectations. Every time I passed by, I had to rearrange the fabric because it kept falling down. I eventually just took it down and I felt like I needed something before Christmas decorations are put up. So, I made the best of some things we have laying around our house. Basically all I used was a piece of scrap wood, black spray paint, cream craft paint, and scrap fabric. I tried sending myself a picture but it didn't go through. I'll try that again and put up pics soon :) I'm totally in love with it!

Tomorrow, we're having a surprise birthday party for one of Nathan's best friends. I've never been involved with throwing a surprise party so this should be interesting. PLUS I'm fixing potato soup which I've never even attempted before -- thank God that my mom will be here to supervise! Nathan and I are both pretty good at keeping secrets (not sure if that's good or bad) so we think he doesn't have a clue. Maybe I'll get a really hilarious video of it :)

On a side note, I have to ask for y'alls prayers. I will not go into specific details but my family experienced a big shock earlier this week and would appreciate all the prayers we can get! We are all in this together and that's the most important thing. God has sent us several signs over the past week and we have no doubt that he has something bigger in his plan. I'm just so grateful to have such an awesome family :)

There's always, always, always something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha lookin' for?